Saturday, June 25, 2011

A nice surprise...

Last Tuesday morning, Greg text me at about 4:30am and asked if I was awake. So I called him because it was kind of odd for him to text me at 4:30am. I told him i was kind of awake as I hve been tossing and turning for a little while trying to get back to sleep. So he said "can you open the door for me?" I was quite shocked to hear him say that and I said "you're home?!?!" He laughed and said yes. I was so excited... And at the same time wasn't feeling too well as I still had a headache from over the weekend. I actually had to call in sick that day because of the headache :-(. But it was all good as I got to hang out with Greg too. He was home for a good week and a half. It was so nice to have that. Sucks on our finances, but worth it as that's a rarity. He took me to work the rest of the week which was nice because I can sleep in a little longer and i don't have to pay for parking.

For the rest of the week, we were getting ready for the weekend as we were going up to ice house to go shooting/camping. We left with a few friends of ours on Saturday, I didn't shoot as much, but it was still a nice change. Of course I shot my 5.7 and the AR and I'm good after that. haha. We set up tents when it started to cool down a little more. It was just us and 2 other friends of ours that went camping with us. It was still a lot of fun. The camp fire was all set up and we were.... well... playing with it. We threw a couple soda cans in it and a few glass bottles as well. The soda cans liquefied and the bottles melted... That's how hot the camp fire was. The next morning the guys shot a couple rounds through, had breakfast and then packed up. All in all it was a lot of fun. Would love to do it again, but hopefully near a body of water of some sort! haha

On Sunday eve, Greg and I went to the movies to watch Pirates of the Caribbean for our date night/anniversary/father's day thing. Mr. T was soooo tired that we ALMOST snuck out without him even noticing! We were soooo close! Anywho, the movie was great. We watched it in 3D. We didn't like the after credit's preview for the next movie though. Oh well. Lots of great movies this summer.

Greg actually left Wed. morning. He was on his way down to Fontana as our buddy Kevin was getting ready to take his Class A license the next morning and they were supposed to take off that day but apparently the office didn't set up his driver code. So they chilled in Fontana and watched The Hangover 2. Greg said he wants to wait and watch the Green Lantern with me. So i guess when he's home again, we'll watch that movie and maybe a couple other more as there is quite a few coming out this summer.

Greg will actually be home July 13th because the ultrasound to see the baby will be July 14th adn I really want him to be there! It's going to be exciting for us!!!

Anyways, off for me to do... well.... I'm not quite sure on this beautiful spring like weather Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment