Monday, June 27, 2011

Week 16 Prenatal Exam

So today I had my 16 week prenatal exam. I always look forward to that because I get to hear the baby's heartbeat each time :-). My OB is quite happy at how I am doing with the pregnancy! Since my 6 week prenatal I have lost 2lbs total since my 6 week prenatal exam and my blood pressure has been normal as well. I'm quite happy with that because I know I'm doing good. And no, I'm not trying to starve myself. I'm trying to eat healthier and exercise (well except the past 3 weeks, i blame pregnancy hormones, which is actually the culprit). Exercise also helped me lower my blood pressure and keep it normal! Oh, i've read somewhere that statistics say that women who are overweight, majority of them tend to gain more weight than what they are suggested to do. So I'm REALLY happy that I did not add to the statistics!

My OB (I really like her, she's so sweet and down to earth) she asked if I started feeling the baby move yet. I told her that I'm not quite sure, but i've been feeling a lot of short and faint muscle spasms and bubbles in my lower belly. She smiled and said "yup". Hehe, so that's quite exciting that I have been feeling my baby move. After the prenatal,I headed downstairs to do some more blood work. My 2nd trimester genetics test screening. For some reason when I was watching the lady poke the needle in my arm, it didn't hurt as much as I expected it. FYI: I always look away, I HATE needles... Ask my dad, he has a really funny story!

Well, After all that fun, I went straight to American River Crossfit to get some crossfit in. I've been deprived of not going for so long!!!! For today's WOD it was the AOTM (Athlete of the Month) WOD. I decided to kick it down a few and do a WOD off of Crossfit Mom. The warmup we did, i started feeling some cramps in my hip/lower abs. So i'd slow it down until it went away. I'd feel it on and off, but it wasn't painful, it was just annoying. Thanks 2nd trimester round ligament pain... you're such a joy... Hopefully getting back into crossfit will slowly start easing the pain and make it easier to do the WODS and lifting. Don't worry, my lifts max out at 30lbs.

Time for bed for me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment