Monday, June 18, 2012

1st Birthday Excitement!



Last week, I used Mixbook to make Wyatt's 1st birthday invitations and we received them today!!!  I was telling my mom how excited I am for Wyatt's first birthday, but at the same time I'm not.  If you've been following my blog, I've been complaining about how fast Wyatt is growing.  And how fast time went by.  That's why I'm excited but at the same time not.


Yup, we just got the invitations today!!!!  Daddy was home with Wyatt today.  When I came home from work, he pointed to a box that was on the futon.  I asked if those were the invitations and yup they were!  I think he got excited because the top of the box is all tore up.  Our friend asked if it was too early to be sending off invites to Wyatt's first birthday.  But his birthday is 5 months away!  Crazy!!!!  Plus I would like to send the invites out to friends and family that are out of town so that if they can make it, they can plan for it ahead of time.  I can't wait to send them out.

I love the photo we used.  It took quite a few pictures to finally get the right one...  But it wasn't quite what I wanted.  But things with stuff happened and I couldn't get him back in his Blues for more pictures.  We received his blues 2 Fridays ago and I had the weekend and Monday to take pictures and create his invitations.  I bought a groupon back in December and it's expiration date was that Tuesday or Wednsday.  So I had a limited time to get the right photo.  With an infant and trying to get him to do what you want him to do can only be done in small time frames.  Oh and It's quite difficult to do it by yourself as well.  Daddy was out the day I took the photos, which were a Sunday and I figured I would get him started with the picture taking so that he can nap afterwards and get back at it again.  Well, I tried getting him to sit on his own, but he kept leaning back and wanting to lay down.  I couldn't get him to actually sit.  I tried a bunch of different positions with the cover next to him, or the cover on him.  So then I was playing with him and he wanted to stand instead of sit.  So I had him stand as I'm holding him with one hand and taking a picture here adn there with the other.  I kind of liked it that way.  So I tried to get him to wear the cover on his head.  It's daddy's cover, so it kept sliding to the side, to the front, to the back.... pretty much all over the place instead of just steadily on top.  But he was a squirmy little kid!  But out of all the pictures I took, this one was the best.  I was going to go for another round with him when Greg got home, but he started to rub his eyes and he was ready for bed.  So I took his blues off and got him ready for bed.  I was going to try again the next day to get the cover to be on his head straight, but shortly after we got home, poor guy threw up.  So I knew picture taking was just a no go at all that night.  So I knew out of all the pictures I took that Sunday, I had to pick the best one.  And honestly, I LOVE it.  It turned out great!

Trying to get him to sit was kind of difficult.  Since he can't sit on his own yet, his boppy is under the American flag and Marine Corps flag.  Since I'm still getting used to my camera and I don't have a hot shoe flash for lighting, I tried to see what the picture would look like if I turned the camera upside down.  Not too bad.  But still flat looking.
Most of the pictures I have is of him laying down.  I couldn't get him to just sit.

This one was one I liked as well.  But the boppy is showing (I don't have photoshop to fix that) and it's a little blurry.
 Blurry a little as well.  But I wanted him to be looking at the camera instead.
 Love the "tilted" cover.  It gave it the "oldies" feeling.

This one is pretty cute too.  But I wanted him to look at teh camera!

I think this was the only time I was able to take a picture with the cover on him right.  But he wasn't looking at the camera!!!!


So yeah...  A lot of pictures were taken.  And majority of them were blurry as I was shooting blind since I was holding him with my other hand.  But the invites turned out great any way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment