Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Clean bill of health!

Well... almost.  I went to see my doctor last week to talk about why I have been so exhausted since I've been back to work.  I called the advice nurse and they asked me to do some blood work before the doctors appointment to test EVERYTHING.  Everything came back normal (yay me!) except for Vitamin D.  My Vitamin D was a little low.  Definitely below normal.  So my doc told me to take 5000 IU of Vitamin D a day.  She then asked me if I'm taking my prenatal vitamins since I'm still breastfeeding.  Unfortunately, I was not.  So  she gave me this "look"...  yeah, I know, bad me... I don't know why I never took my prenatal vitamins.  Just wasn't on my to do list.  So then she looks more into my records.  She saw that I was diagnosed with post-partum depression.  So she re-evaluated me to see where I am at as it might be connected with being constantly tired.

Well, the verdict is, I am still moderately severe depressed (i think that's how she put it).  Basically I'm a step above severely depressed.  which I was originally diagnosed with and a month later, moved to a step above towards getting better.  I thought I was getting better than my recent visit to the doctor before i went back to work.  I wasn't feeling so stressed.  I was starting to enjoy things more.  I also wasn't so emotional either.  But I have been having a very hard time concentrating on anything and everything.  I have also been having a hard time falling asleep every night no matter how tired I am.  And every weekend when Greg's at work, I do stay inside and do nothing but play with Wyatt and lounge.  I have also been wanting to just sleep more than anything.  So on top of taking my prenatal vitamin and extra vitamin D (since prenatal vitamin does not have 5000 IU), my doc said that it might help if I increase my zoloft a little too.

So now, everyday I take 1 horse pill of my prenatal vitamin, 4000 IU of  Vitamin D and 150mg of zoloft.  So far it has been helping out.  We shall see in these next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment