Sunday, May 22, 2011

2nd Prenatal Exam

So on Thursday, May 19, 2011, I had my 2nd prenatal exam. Health-wise, everything is GREAT!!! I even lost 3 lbs since my last prenatal exam! That's a good thing because most women tend to gain around 5lbs their first trimester. Anywho, I got to hear the baby's heartbeat that day! It was at 160 bpm. It was truly amazing to hear!!!! I asked my Nurse Practitioner (NP) about when we'd be able to find out the sex of the baby. So she told me that after the exam, i'll speak with the clerical and set up future appointments including the ultrasound at 19 weeks. So i have 2 future appointments set up and my ultrasound as well. My next prenatal exam will be June 27th and then on July 14th will be my ultrasound. I'll be going to the Dr.'s about once a month up until i'm 36 weeks pregnant and then weekly or bi weekly until i give birth after that.

I'm am to be due around December 8, 2011. We are still very excited and happy to be going on this journey in life.

For our ultrasound on July 14th, that's when we're supposed to know the sex of the baby. But we decided that we want to tell the ultrasound tech that we want him/her to write it on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope. Reason being is because we want to do a "revealing" party. It's not the baby shower, as baby showers tend to be 2 months before the baby's birth. So since it will be in mid July and Mine and Greg's birthday are just a few weeks later, we're going to celebrate our birthdays together the weekend of September 6th and reveal it through a cake. How do we do so, you ask? Well, my mother in law heard this on the Mark and Brian show radio. It's becoming quite popular as well. We're going to give the envelope to the baker of our choice (it's between Ettorie's and Ginger Elizabeth) and tell the baker to have the inside of the cake blue or pink, depending on what the baby's sex is. The frosting will be a neutral color of course and when we cut into our birthday cake, that's when we get to find out the sex of the baby! It's still in the works and I'm probably going to send out invitations in a few weeks. We're still trying to figure out where we want to have the party at.

After the exam, i kept thinking about the baby's heartbeat. For the first hour back to work, i was feeling kind of emotional. But happy as well. I think it was just the excitement of it all! haha

Well, Friday night, Greg surprised me with the help of Adam. Adam asked me if i wanted to go with him to drive down to Salinas, since that's where Greg told me he would be at. And so I said sure. When Adam arrived, Mr. T followed me to the door and he took a look at Adam and looked down the cat walk, looked back at Adam and down the cat walk again. I was wondering why he kept doing that. Then adam said that he brought a gift for me. Shortly after, I heard Greg whistling down stairs. I was so glad to have him home for the weekend! The 3 of us went to Sandra Dee's for dinner that night. Visited Adams dad and his grandparents at his dads for a bit. Then Saturday I went with Greg to go pick up his load out in Salinas. I was so glad I went with him because we were there for hours!!!! He left this morning

So, sorry to ramble like usual, but it's bed time for me. Goodnight all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment