Monday, July 9, 2012

First high fever :-(

Saturday morning, I noticed that Wyatt's head was really warm.  Actually, it felt extremely hot.  I didn't really think much about it because he was acting like his normal self.  Just a little bit fussy.  So I checked his temperature anyways.  The temp read 102.7*.  I was in shock!  I've never seen his temp be that high.  The highest he has ever had was 100.4*.  So I called Kaiser and they asked questions to diagnose Wyatt and why he has a high fever.  He didn't have any other symptoms except being a little fussy than normal.  So Kaiser advice nurse told me to just give him tylenol and keep an eye on him.

I was checking on his temperature almost every diaper change since his head was still feeling warm all day.  At one point it did go down to 101* but before bed time, his fever went back up to 102.3*.  So I called the Advice Nurse again (first time mom, so I am of course overly concerned).  Told the advice nurse that Wyatt's fever went down a little, but came back up again.  So the advice nurse scheduled an appointment for Wyatt first thing Sunday morning.

Saturday evening, daddy was holding Wyatt while I was preparing dinner.  Daddy was telling me Wyatt was tearing up with the lip curl.  So poor Wyatt was crying without actually crying.  He was in pain from his fever.  Daddy wanted to cry for him.

I checked his temperature the morning of and his temperature was 101.9*.  After I fed Wyatt, Daddy and I got ready to take him to the Drs.  Wyatt was still asleep while we were getting ready.  I didn't want to change him out of his PJs because he was still sleeping, so we went to the drs in his PJs.  Other than his high temp, he was feeling just fine.  Playing and laughing.  He was enjoying seeing the Dr too.  I was sitting him up in the bed and he kept smacking the paper, crinkling it to make noises.  And he himself were making noises and smiling.

On the way home from the drs office,  Wyatt was not his normal self.  He was a little warm.  He just looked "blah".  During car rides, Wyatt is usually looking everywhere, especially out the window.  But he was looking down and away from the window.  The look that he gave us made me want to cry for him and try to take his sickness away.  My poor baby :-(  I just rubbed his head and his arms and legs and told him mommy will make him feel better.  I wish I was the one sick and not my lil guy.


He is feeling better today.  His fever FINALLY is below 100.4*.  But his stools are mucusy.  The doc did say that sometimes kids will develop a fever first and then symptoms start appearing a few days later.  So I'll be calling the Advice nurse about the mucusy stools.  

No comments:

Post a Comment