Sunday, July 29, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me!!!

Ok, so I have LOTS to update you all on Wyatt.  But first, Today was an awesome day.  29 years old now and I so don't feel like it at all.  I have never been one to worry about my age.  I have friends around me "freaking out" because the "big three oh" is right around the corner.  I never understood it?  And I may never understand it.  Hmm...  But anyways, Today was the best birthday evar.  We had a bbq at the apartment with our neighbors and some friends.  Greg and I bought majority of the food, meat actually, and our neighbors made the sides to go with the meat.  We had steak, chicken, brats, asperagus with zucchini, homemade mac and cheese, pasta salad and fruit salad.  Everything was delicious.  And we still had a lot of left overs too. 

Other than the company of good friends and neighbors, the best part of the night was getting a birthday card from Wyatt!  My neighbor stole him for a little bit while I took a shower and did one last vacuume run.  That's when she was having fun with him and the birthday card.  I LOVED it!!!!  She was telling me that Wyatt would not let go of that pen.  But then again, Wyatt has been amused with anything and everything he sees.  And he wants to grab everything he sees.

Now on to the more important stuff :-)

Wyatt is doing the inch worm, or breast stroke on the carpet.  So he's not quite crawling yet, but he's moving fast.  We skyped with his Lola the other day and she saw him breast stroke on the carpet as she calls it.  She was so amused by it and was so surprised at how mobile he is now.  Yup, I have to keep a close eye on that kid.  He wants to be everywhere!  Sometime last week, when I was changing Wyatt's diaper, well, I was trying to put his diaper on...  He was trying to roll over to get away from me.  Well, he did succeed, but what's funny is, when he finally rolled over, he quickly got on his hands and knees and started doing teh back and forth motion like he usually does before he moves anywhere, but he was doing it so hard that when he wanted to move forward, he launched himself towards the head of the bed and was laughing the whole entire time, with no diaper on!  Too funny!

And, when we were driving home last Sunday from Great Grandma's place, daddy said "hi wyatt" and Wyatt waved!  YES, my son waved at him!!!!  It was awesome.  At first we thought it was a coincidence, but we tried it again and he waved.  Sow e did it a few more times, and he waved each time.  But of course, everytime we want to show people, he just does not do it...  Also, that night, we had a bbq with the neighbors, Wyatt was eating watermelon all night, with no shirt on because I made that mistake the previous week!  So when it was bed time, I picked him up and he was sticky icky!  But that's not the best part.  I told Wyatt to say bye bye and so he waved.  and when everyone was saying "bye bye Wyatt", it litterally sounded like he said "bye bye"!!!  He hasn't done it again since, but OMG, it was amazing!  But it was also sad at the same time!  Bitter sweet....  Wyatt is growing up!  Ugh, I hate that.  But I wonder what he has in store for us too, I just wish time would move SLOWER.  But only during my Wyatt time!  haha.

Oh and the other thing, I think he said mama too... But dear daddy doesn't want to believe it, even though he has heard Wyatt say it once.... :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment