Saturday, September 10, 2011

9-11-01

I remember what i did that day. I don't remember what I did the day before or even the day after.  Exactly one month and 1 day before the twin towers were hit, I was up there trying to concur my fear of heights and to view the city I love to visit.

That June I just graduated high school and as a graduation/birthday gift, I was given a plane ticket to New York that summer.  I was up there in August, and I will always remember it.  The view is just breath taking. The place was amazing for tourists and locals.  I LOVED being up there.

  One month and one day later, my best friend and I decided to skip our first class and hang out. We were in his old 80's box Volvo when we heard the news. Of I were to say we were shocked, that would be an understatement. Along with every American out there watching the same thing. Both him and I worked at the same coffee shop. We both worked at Choc-o-Bean. I remember we went there that morning and he luckily had a portable TV with him. I remember him saying he wasn't quite sure if it'll work, but he plugged it in, messed with the bunny ears and soon, we got the news.  It was on every channel station, you could not have missed it.

So we sat in the back together and were shocked to watch it all happen.  I remember the news kept playing the video clip of the plane hitting the first twin tower over and over again.  We were there for a few hours with little conversation between us except the "oh my god" phrases being thrown back and forth.  Then I remember watching the pentagon get hit.  It was horrifying.  I was also praying my aunt was safe since she worked out there. And luckily, she was away for business in Baltimore.

Everything and anything else after that was a blur. But that moment, I remember it so clearly.  Tomorrow i'll be attending the Capitol Airshow. Tomorrow will be the 10th anniversary of 9-11 and also the 70th anniversary of pear harbor. They were saying that it's going to be special to commemorate those days and to honor those who have died those days and the military men and women who caught and are fighting to keep us safe.

I wish I was in the military so that I too can fight alongside the brave

No comments:

Post a Comment