Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pets are family too


This AM, Greg got a call from a friend of ours asking if he would help him this morning. Our friend asked Greg that he would need help carrying Mandy into the car because they made the hard decision to put her down. Mandy hasn't been doing too well the past few months. She's been in pain on and off. Joints have been hurting her. But she's a trooper. She's one tough cookie, that's for sure. Even when she was in pain, she would always get up to say hi. She had such a huge heart. She always loved to say hi to everyone. Even though I HATED her tail because it felt like a baseball bat had hit me, I'm really going to miss it. I'm going to miss her butch personality. There was nothing feminin about Mandy except the fact that she knew how to love.

I heard so many stories about Mandy before I met her. I heard how she was hooked up to Greg's old heavy truck and how she saw a cat running down the street and started chasing the cat with the truck in tow. The picture above, apparently they heard Mandy in the kitchen and as she walked into the living room, she had the trash can lid around her neck with the "I wasn't doing anything wrong" look. I heard she was following Greg and his buddy Joey as they were bleaching the deck and she was licking the bleach off the deck. And apparently she loved bleach. Greg told me he got Mandy addicted to water because he pushed her in his friend's pool as she was walking around it, scared of it. She was burley. She beat up a raccoon! When I met her, she was nothing but a total sweetheart! She acted like she was still a puppy. I don't think she knew time, nor did she knew she was getting old. When we introduced her to Mr. T, she was trying so hard to keep up with his energy. But apparently she slept well every night we brought him over. We all called her hydrolics because when she would get excited, she looked like she had hydrolics on her front legs. She would jump on her hind legs to say hi. Mander Banders is what we would call her. She was a total sweetheart with a big heart. You'll be missed Mandy.

Yesterday morning Mandy fell (don't know how, legs may have gave out on her) and since then she was not able to get up. Greg said he could hear her whining in the background when our friend called him this morning. Greg dropped me off work that morning and he headed over to our friend's house right after. Greg was telling me they tried a few times to see if they can help Mandy up. They tried to coax her, they tried to pick her up with bands on her front and back legs, but it was with no luck. They found a vet to come by and the vet gave Mandy a pain killer shot. She was in so much pain, that when the vet left to grab soemthing out of his mobile truck for a few minutes, he was surprised that she was still in pain. Soon her breathing started to slow. By 11:56 I got a text from Greg saying that Mandy was in a better place. I didn't think it would hit me so hard, but it did. I left work early, I wanted to see my bubs. I'm gonna miss her greeting me at the door. The baseball bat tail, the burley butch breathing of her, her constant licking of air until she reaches you to say "Hi, I LOVE YOU!" She was a good dog and a constantly happy dog.

You'll be missed Mander Banders!

No comments:

Post a Comment