Friday, September 23, 2011

Time to count kicks.

On Wendsday, I had my 29th week prenatal visit and Greg got to go for the first time. My OB is quite happy with my progress. Everything is going great, everyone is healthy. But unfortunately since I stopped crossfitting, I gained 6 lbs since my last visit!!!! *cries* So my OB said to try not to gain any weight for the next visit which I will try my very best to do so. Gotta get some kind of exercise going. Probably going to do some boring walking with Greg and bubbas. My blood pressure is in the normal range, which I'm happy about too since I was having a hard time keeping my blood pressure down.

This time, my uterus was measured and she said I'm in the normal range, but in the higher range. So once again, gonna have to get my exercise system back. I'm really having some bad crossfit deprived feeling... How I miss it so much! Now, I have to start counting kicks. I have to time how long it takes for Wyatt to kick 10 times. She said that it can be kicks, pokes and turns. And boy do I feel all!

When I first read up on what movements will feel like, I was confused! Books and online were saying that women start feeling movement around 16 weeks. Now here's the crazy part! They state in books and online that the movements feel like popcorn popping, butterfly flying, fish swimming. And I thought, how does one know exactly what a popcorn popping, butterfly flying, fish swimming feel like?! And how would that be possible to feel those kinds in your tummy? Why can't they just make it simple and more true to an actual feeling. Something that people actually feel. To me, the first movements felt like a muscle twitch, muscle spazm. Can others relate to that kind of feeling? I would think so. I mean seriously, popcorn popping, fish swimming? Another that they mentioned was gas bubbles... Ok, that most definitely made sense. But that didn't feel like that to me.

So, when she was getting Wyatt's hearbeat, she felt him move a few times and laughed saying that it would take no time for me to count 10 kicks. So that night, I went on my android app market to see if there might be an app for kick counts and yay! There are a couple of them on there. I knew having a smart phone would be very handy! Because knowing me, I would totally forget to do the kick count thing because I don't wear a watch and i get easily distracted. And right now he is kicking :-) always makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment