Friday, September 2, 2011

It's a shame...

To lose a good friend because they chose their immature relationship over close friends and their own family.  I would never in my whole entire life let anyone control me on what I can and cannot do, who I can and cannot see.  Let alone have them pull me away from my own family.  Especially family who are in need.  I've gone through 2 deaths of close family and one of close friends. I've dealt with 2 families of a cancer survivor and dealing with it at this moment. I've dealt with one who passed away from cancer.  The bottom line? I dealt with it the right way instead of running away. And to hear an excuse like "well I don't like being around death" is by far the most selfish, low life type of excuse I have ever heard.  What do you think they are around 24/7??? Roses?!?!   What makes you think cancer is "death"!?  Why are you better? Because you don't have it?  It kind of hurts me that this friend turned down his family because of some selfish excuse.  turn down your friends, that's fine, but family???  I see it as a scared cat running away.  It's too close to home and honestly, it pisses me off!  He's only 1 hour away from his Uncle. Guess what?! Im 8 hours away from my GODMOTHER! If I still lived in so cal, I would see her often. Instead, I call and send emails and I have sent letters through snail mail.

I don't know if its his choice or if its her controlling him.  But either way, he allows it and she should have the sense to help him realize what a selfish act he is doing.  I've been in a relationship where my S/O, at the time, was dealing with his dad that got diagnosed with acute leukemia. A very rare form and it progressed so fast he passed away in less than a year.  It was not easy to deal with but I had the sense to let him be with his family.

You don't know when one will be gone. The only way to deal with it is to give support and hope for the best. Not stay away. I truly hope this "friend" soon realizes how important family is especially when they themselves have given him love and support as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment